PLASTIC IS BAD... LIKE, REALLY BAD


Hey friends. This post is going to be very different from anything that I've ever blogged about, but I am very passionate about it and so I thought I would share some things with you. 
Over the past couple of months (and in some cases many years) I have been really thinking about the impact that plastic has in our world. And the crazy, horrific circumstances our usage and disposal of plastic has on our environment. 

So today I would like to talk to you about considering cutting down your plastic use (or cutting it out completely.) The amount of plastic we as humans use on an everyday basis is outrageous and could very easily be cut back! 
500 MILLION plastic straws are used every day in America and two million single use plastic bags are distributed every minute. 
Most plastics don’t biodegrade in any way, so all of that plastic waste could exist for hundreds to thousands of years! Not cute!! Consider using a reusable water bottle and taking it with you places as opposed to the hundreds of plastic water bottles that are probably accumulating in the backseat of your car and room. (Peep Neptune Project if you are in the market for a new reusable water bottle) Same goes for shopping bags. Reusable bags are more sturdy and can hold more than normal plastic bags so you don’t even need as many for your shopping trips. 


Small things we can do along the way can help prevent all of our trash from going into the ocean, polluting our planet and hurting our sea friends!! 🌊🐬🐠🐢 I saw a post today saying something along the lines of, "it's not about a hand full of people doing this perfectly, it's about everyone trying their best" 

I am going to start making videos talking more about ways to start going plastic free and simple and easy ways you can start to help the environment in your everyday life, just switching little things you already do daily. Being more conscious about your decisions can really make an impact! 

I am in no way saying that I am perfect at this practice. But it is something that I am heavily implementing into my life to try and reduce the amount of waste that I personally could produce as a human. 


-Lux 

Some statistics for you.

   

(all pictures found from pinterest + Neptune Projects website)