Dance Makers 2015

A couple weekends ago, my dance company and I went to Dance Makers Inc (DMI) to compete with all of the dances we have been working on over the past several months! 
This was the second year for me attending this dance convention, and I had a better understanding of how everything was going to play out and what to expect, resulting in me being a lot less stressed! 
It was, on the other hand, my sisters first time as a company dancer and her first competition, so she got to see the in's and out's of a dance convention first hand. And even though there were some moments, in the end everything worked out fine! 

I am in three dances again this year, one of which being a ballet pointe trio! I have always wanted to be in a pointe dance of some sort, and this year I finally got put in one. Over the past couple years of having pointe shoes, I had never really been on a consistent dancing schedule with them, so this year has been a growing year for me as a dancer. And even though I don't do ballet every single day, I still get a glimpse of what it's like to be a ballerina and all the hard work and dedication it takes to make a dance as close to perfect as you can. 
Everything is hard work, but if you really want it, it's all worth it. 

The other two dances I am in are an open group (any style of dance can be thrown in there) called "The Others" and a musical theatre production group called "Another Op'nin, Another Show" 

All of our dances went amazing, and I am so proud of everyone and all the hard work they've put into the dances! I also want to thank our dance teachers for all the love and support they've given us with these dances and have really helped us grow as dancers. We wouldn't be here without you, so thank you for inspiring us! 

One competition down, two more to go!! 







(Our trio was a success!) 


with love,
ashley