thrifting is totally in + my tips!!


If you haven't been keeping up over the past couple of years, thrifting is totally in!! There's no better way to find unique pieces to really enhance your outfit and make you stand out, while also saving major bucks each season! 
Half of this outfit is thrifted. The pants were found at Goodwill and the top was by a southern vintage store, ArkieVintage.

Thrifting, as well as any type of shopping can be a hit or miss sometimes. You have to really take the time to go into each store and search through all the racks, but I promise you it will be worth it!! 

Here are some of my tips that I use whenever I go out looking for new pieces. 

1. Set good intentions. 
You can't go searching for a needle in a haystack with that overwhelming feeling of thinking you're not going to find anything. Put those good vibes into the universe that you are going to find great pieces! 

2. Don't just buy things because they're super cheap. 
I too have fallen victim to buying pieces I didn't particularly love, simply because they were super super cheap. Save those dollars for the pieces you know you are actually going to wear and rock! 

3. Have a set idea of what you want to get before hand. 
Example, if it is winter, I most likely am looking for sweaters. And usually in particular colors. So I will have in mind that I want, a green sweater. So when I walk down each isle of sweaters, I keep my eye out for green. When I see green, I'll look at it, see if it's worth trying on and go from there. That is my best way to save time so I'm not just looking through everything, because trust me it can get super overwhelming looking through every single item on a rack! 

4. Shop online! 
Some of my favorite vintage and thrifted pieces I have found have been online! My FAVORITE place to shop is Etsy. If you know me, you will know I have raved about Etsy for years. Lots of small business owners who sell curated vintage as well as those who hand make things, sell their fabulous goodies on Etsy. If you haven't checked out Etsy, I highly recommend it! 
I also have some friends who run vintage shops through instagram. Lots of local business owners will actually have instagram pages, so you should check there to see if there are any in your area. You may be able to actually see the pieces in person. 
Here are some of my favorite shops! 


5. There's always next time. 
You don't come out of every shopping excursion with winners. If you don't find something this time, no worries. There are always people donating new clothes to be put into these stores, so you're bound to find new ones in no time! 


I hope you found these tips useful. What are some tips you use while thrifting? Leave them in a comment! 


-Lux